Icebreakers: What’s Next for Team USA On and Off the Ice
From coaching changes to time away from the ice, Team USA athletes are making big changes this offseason. Catch up on the latest with Maia and Alex Shibutani, Adam Rippon and more in this week’s Icebreakers.
1. Maia and Alex Shibutani Looking Ahead to New Off-Ice Opportunities as the 2018 Stars on Ice Tour Ends (Figure Skaters Online) – The two-time Olympic bronze medalists are taking next season off—but they’ll be keeping busy.
2. Savchenko Intent on Taking Knierims to Next Level (icenetwork) – Following Alexa Scimeca-Knierim and Chris Knierim’s recent coaching announcement, Olympic champion Aljona Savchenko explains her plans for the U.S. champions.
3. Karen and Nathan Chen Offer Guidance to Young Skaters (KOIN) – U.S. champions Karen Chen and Nathan Chen stopped by Sherwood Ice Arena to take the ice to help the next generation of skaters.
4. Adam Rippon Opens Up on His Dancing Win, What’s Next and Jenna Johnson Choreographing His Skating Programs (Team USA) – After dazzling his way to the mirror ball trophy, Adam Rippon shared his experience and what’s next.
5. Figure Skater Meryl Davis on Spokane: ‘They’re Sort of Famous…For Being a Great Audience’ (KREM) – During a Stars on Ice stop, Meryl Davis and Charlie White talk about performing, skating in Spokane and more.
6. New Ice Rink, More Programs Coming to Irving Park Sports Center (Curbed Chicago) – Live in Chicago? Get excited for the rink expansion at the McFetridge Sports Center!