Icebreakers: Training with 2018 Olympic Hopefuls and More
The Winter Olympics are coming. We’ve just passed the six-month mark and can’t wait for the upcoming season! In this week’s Icebreakers, get a taste of how athletes, including Jason Brown, Max Aaron and Adam Rippon, are getting ready and planning to attack the big year. Plus, find out about Tarah Kayne’s recovery from partner Danny O’Shea’s eyes and get a refresher on the team event before February rolls around.
1. 2018 Winter Olympics are Six Months Away! Shaun White, Nathan Chen and More Athletes Gear Up for the Games (Us Weekly) – As the Winter Olympics get closer, Nathan Chen and Ashley Wagner join Natalie Morales to preview the event.
2. Six Months Out: 18 U.S. Olympic Hopefuls to Watch for PyeongChang (NBC Olympics) – Here’s why you need to keep an eye on Nathan Chen, Ashley Wagner, Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani!
3. O’Shea Kayne You See: Pair Looks to Bounce Back (Icenetwork) – 2016 U.S. pairs champions Tarah Kayne and Danny O’Shea are keeping a season-long blog for icenetwork. Read the first entry on Kayne’s recovery.
4. Figure Skater Jason Brown Training Hard to Make Team USA for 2018 Olympics (11 Alive News) – Get a look at Jason Brown’s training leading up to the 2017-18 season.
5. Aaron Hopes Broadway is Ticket to PyeongChang (Icenetwork) – From the Philadelphia International Summer Competition, Max Aaron talks about his new programs and the new season.
6. LA Figure Skater Trains to Make Olympic Team (NBC Los Angeles) – Adam Rippon talks about preparing for the Winter Olympics and coming back from his injury.
7. 2017 Golden Skate Interview with Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim (Golden Skate) – 2015 U.S. pairs champions Alexa Scimeca Knierim and Chris Knierim discuss their difficult 2016-17 season, Olympic preparations and more.
8. 2017 Golden Skate Interview with Max Aaron (Golden Skate) – 2013 U.S. champion Max Aaron talks to Golden Skate about moving past next season, training quads and more.
9. What Do Team USA Athletes Do When They Get a Day Off? (Team USA) – Alex Shibutani shares what he would do on a lazy day.
10. What is the Figure Skating Team Event? (WAVY-TV Online) – Still not sure what the team event is? Here’s a breakdown of what to expect in PyeongChang.