Icebreakers: Reflections on the Olympic Season, Gearing Up for 2018-19 and More
We’re drawing closer to the new season with an emotional Olympic season in the rear view mirror. With more time for self-reflection, members of Team USA share their thoughts on the year, plans looking forward and more. Read this week’s Icebreakers below.
1. Hubbell & Donohue Reflect on Their Olympic Season (ice-dance.com) – The reigning U.S. champions give insight into their 2017-18 season, lessons learned at the Winter Olympics and more.
2. Up Close and Personal with LeDuc and Cain (Lake Placid News) – While in town for a show and seminar, Ashley Cain and Timothy LeDuc talked to Lake Placid News about their partnership and future.
3. Bronze Medalist Pairs Figure Skating Champions to Practice at Triphahn Center (Chicago Tribune) – Alexa Scimeca-Knierim and Chris Knierm are settling into their new training facility for the summer!
4. Adam Rippon is All the Way Out Here (Bleacher Report) – With his outspoken personality and growing platform, Adam Rippon earned a spot on the B/R Power 50 Speak Up list.
5. Mirai Nagasu Talks Olympics, Adam Rippon & Life Off the Ice (CBS Local) – Mirai Nagasu shares her skating journey to two Winter Olympics, her friendship with Adam Rippon and more.
6. Adam Rippon & Mirai Nagasu’s Most Embarrassing Style Choices are All Too Relatable – EXCLUSIVE (Elite Daily) – In support of their joint DSW summer campaign, Mirai Nagasu and Adam Rippon divulge their fashion mishaps and self-expression.
7. Maia and Alex Shibutani Join Mirai Nagasu on Kids’ Choice Sports Awards 2018 Orange Carpet (Just Jared Jr.) – After the Olympics comes red carpets. These three U.S. Olympians rocked Nickelodeon’s orange carpet!